Authorship Workshop with Nature Research Academies
To support Tokyo Tech researchers who are seeking to publish in international journals, the Office of Research and Innovation will host the Authorship Workshop with Nature Research Academies. This workshop is supported by the MEXT Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities.
In this workshop, a lecturer from Nature Research will speak on various topics related to academic writing, including manuscript structure and improving readability. By assisting researchers in improving their writing skills, this workshop is expected to promote international collaboration and joint publication.
Dates and Venues
Workshops will be held at both Ookayama and Suzukakedai campuses. Content will be the same on both days.
- Ookayama Campus: Monday, March 9, 2020, 9:00-13:00 (check-in desk opens at 8:40)
West Bldg. 9, Floor 2, Collaboration Room
- Suzukakedai Campus: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 9:00-13:00 (check-in desk opens at 8:40)
H2 Bldg., Floor 2, Meeting Room 1
- Effective academic writing (9:00-10:45)
- Logical flow and structure
- Improving readability
- Common writing mistakes
- Break (10:45-11:00)
- Logical manuscript structure (11:00-12:50)
- Introducing why your study needs to be done
- Transparently describing your methodology
- Discussing and interpreting your findings
- Effective titles and abstracts
- Final Q&A (12:50-13:00)
60 people per day (First-come, first-served basis)
Faculty and staff members, researchers, and students at Tokyo Tech
Advance registration is required. Complete and submit the registration form on the following webpage.
Friday, February 28, 2020
- Materials will be provided on the day.
- Photos may be taken for internal reporting and public relations purposes.
- Guide for Nature Research Academies Participants