In regard to the specific challenges of corporations, Tokyo Tech faculty members leverage the knowledge and skills they possess to provide guidance and give advice. The research subjects of corporations do not become the research subjects of Tokyo Tech faculty members. Tokyo Tech receives a fee for the guidance provided.
Research subjects (guidance content)
Challenges within the corporation
Roles of faculty members
Roles of corporate researchers
Research and development, etc., is promoted by leveraging the advice received in regard to the corporation's challenge.
What is obtained
Results within the corporation
Discussions are held in cases when an invention is created.
The guidance fee charged corresponds to the time spent by faculty members to provide guidance*5 and is paid by the corporation. The guidance period and guidance frequency (number of hours) is determined at the time of the agreement.
Transportation fees incurred by faculty members to travel to the corporation for the purpose of providing guidance are born separately by the corporation.
Application of special testing and research expenses tax deduction system
23% of direct expense
Flow of Agreement
1. Look for faculty members to conduct academic guidance.
"Are there any faculty members who will participate in conducting this research? "We would like to know the research disciplines of Tokyo Tech faculty members."
"What systems are compatible?" etc.,
feel free to contact supervisors of Industrial Cooperation with any kind of question.
2. After the supervising faculty member has been determined, the corporate supervisor and the faculty member meet for interviews and discussion to determine the following matters.
- Guidance subjects/guidance content
- Guidance period *The beginning and ending dates can be freely set. There is no restriction as to the fiscal year.
- Guidance fee
3. The corporation sends a form that serves both as an application for academic guidance that states the content above, etc., and as a consignment note to the Office of Research and Innovation at Tokyo Tech.
4. A letter of acceptance is sent.
5. Tokyo Tech sends the corporation a bill for the guidance fee.
⇒The corporation makes payment (by bank transfer).
6. Commencement of guidance