Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
Before commencement of collaborative research, etc., or other research collaboration by corporate researchers and Tokyo Tech faculty members
When there is exchange of information between both parties regarding the research to ascertain whether the parties are in agreement concerning the intention of the research subject, an NDA is concluded between Tokyo Tech and the corporation when required.
(In such cases, when the properties, etc., of material* created by faculty members are learned of within the corporation, an MTA is concluded between Tokyo Tech and the corporation.
*Material: In an MTA agreement, material is called "seika yuutaibutsu, " in Japanese. Material does not refer only to chemicals; devices and apparatus, etc., are also treated as material.)
In other cases, described below, an NDA is concluded.
- In cases when information exchanged between corporate researchers and faculty members includes information concerning research by faculty members that has not been made public
- In cases when the patent specification of undisclosed patent applications held by Tokyo Tech is disclosed
- (Tokyo Tech may request a fee for disclosure.)
- In cases when corporate researchers and faculty members exchange information on various occasions that includes information concerning research by the corporation and trade secrets
Flow of Agreement
1. For the objectives mentioned above, conclusion of an NDA is desired.
2. Make the request through the faculty member you talk with, or directly contact the Office of Research and Innovation at Tokyo Tech.
3. Tokyo Tech presents the Office of Research and Innovation NDA (proposed by Tokyo Tech) to the corporation, and the two parties discuss the content of the agreement.
Click here for Tokyo Tech's general NDA template
*A template of an agreement between 3 parties or more and a template of the English version of the agreement are also available. Contact Tokyo Tech if you wish to obtain either of these templates.
4. Conclusion of the agreement
5. Commencement of information exchange