*2 Collaborative researchers from private organizations, etc. (research venue) :
Subsequent handling of intellectual property is provided in the agreement, or discussed when required.
Corporate researchers are also able to conduct research at Tokyo Tech.
In such cases, their identification status within Tokyo Tech is " collaborative researcher from private organization, etc."
*3 Research fees:
The research fee for 1 collaborative researcher from a private organization, etc., or a commissioned researcher is 841,160 yen for more than 6 months and less than one year (FY2018), and 420,580 yen for less than 6 months. The time and period for receiving these two types of researchers can be arbitrarily determined with the consent of the faculty member receiving the researcher.Close
*4 Advice/guidance content:
Subsequent handling of intellectual property is provided in the agreement, or discussed when required. As part of the advice given in regard to challenges within the corporation, measurement with equipment belonging to faculty members (self-created equipment, etc., that doesn't exist elsewhere) done by them is included. This does not include acceptance of simple measurement requests and loaning of equipment.Close
*5 Guidance time:
Lectures by faculty members held for corporate researchers can also be made part of the academic guidance system.
Time spent by faculty members includes the time spent to prepare materials, make phone calls, and write e-mails, etc., required for provision of advice.
Time units are determined by discussions between Tokyo Tech and the corporation.
*1 Specially appointed faculty members:
Direct expenses received for Collaborative research are used to employ specially appointed faculty members.Close
*2 Positioning of lectures:
Lectures will be incorporated into the special study programs set for the schools established at Tokyo Tech.Close
*1 Application fee, etc.:
Includes examination fees, measures taken in case of rejection, patent fees, and other fees for maintaining patent rights.Close
*2 Self-implementation by the corporation:
Includes the parent company, subsidiary companies, and other affiliated companies.Close
*3 An amount equivalent to implementation fee:
What is called "non-implementation compensation."Close
Collaborative Research Cluster
Part of the corporation's research base is placed within Tokyo Tech to conduct collaborative research.
A system by which part of the corporation's laboratory function is placed within Tokyo Tech to conduct new research theme planning, Collaborative research on several themes, and the corporation's independent research etc.
Collaborative research expenses (including indirect expenses, with the exception of space fees.)
20 million yen or more per year
Specially appointed faculty members*1
Contribution to education
Indirect expenses, etc.
25% of direct expenses
Expenses for strategic industry cooperation (15% or more of direct expenses) are separately required
More than 3 years and not more than 10 years
Establishment of a dedicated space within Tokyo Tech
Establishment is required
Person responsible for establishment at Tokyo Tech
Research base head (research representative)
Establishment of a research planning team with the cooperation of the corporation and Tokyo Tech, membership in Tokyo Tech's Campus Members, and conclusion of an organizational cooperation agreement are required. Also, Tokyo Tech's Open Innovation organization will provide support.
* In regard to research conducted by corporate researchers in cooperation with individual faculty members or several faculty members, from the initial stage of planning the theme set for the research, specific research content, and nomination of faculty members as candidates, etc., Tokyo Tech's Open Innovation organization will work with the corporation to make adjustments to these matters.
* A space for conducting the research will be ensured and maintained within Tokyo Tech.
* An additional space and testing space similar to those areas of the corporation's laboratory can be physically established within Tokyo Tech.
Flow of Agreement
1. A planning team will be established by the corporation and Tokyo Tech's Open Innovation organization in order to make decisions on many matters including research content, faculty members who will be involved, the head of the research base, and the physical space, etc.
2. The flow from then on will differ according to each agreement.